Man Vs Wild

NOT A BLOG POST TO PLUG DISCOVERY CHANNEL'S SHOW BY BEAR GRYLLS

Some of you might be familiar with this show of an English bloke roaming jungles/desserts/ice cold conditions and pretty much every extreme terrain of this planet showing you techniques on how to survive if you'd get stuck in such a sticky situation.

So by now you'd have caught the rift. It involves sucking tree sap, eating a tapir's anus or chewing on a tree bark, harvesting a sea otters bile as soap. My description might not be the most accurate one but it paints the picture.

Back to the theme of this post. NO i wasnt in any harsh terrain or anything. It involves pretty much the confines of my room while taking a break studying.

So this small episode involves the confluence of my dad visting me last weekend, buying or shall i say impulsive buying of too much fruits particularly persimmons. To be brutally honest not the top of my list in terms of favourite fruits.

So im sure if your familiar with banana's once they ripe the whole bunch decides to go ripe on you and you'd be stuffing yourself with it or banana made 10 ways.

Same thing happened with persimmons. It was ripped or over ripped to the extend that it turned mushy. In the spirit of not wasting food for thousands of African children are starving i decide to give it a go.

Erm texture wise not the most inviting, the dark brownish colour didnt help much either. It resembled healthy looking stool on the Bristol Stool Chart. But it was diabetic-ally sweet.

The innate sense of my inner foodie spurred me on to give it a go. And first strike on the palate wasnt too bad it was like taking plain tea with one too many teaspoons of sugar added. Then it turned unbearable.
Toilet Bowl Mugshot

Mind you i had to go through four of these. Perhaps the only thought that kept me going was my wild imagination thinking that i was in a remote tribe in Africa going through an initiation rite by devouring this magical fruit. And in the spirit of showing great appreciation to my hosts i had to finish it.

But alas by senses kicked in and i had to stop at the last fruit. Gosh the taste still lingers in my mouth!
So that was my small episode of Man Vs Wild. Another possible reason for my courage could probably be the fact that i was hungry.

1 comments:

Huai Bin said...

I like persimmons too! The fresh ones are delicious and I'll even eat the dried ones from China. :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...